- Pacific: 11:00 am – 12:30pm
- Central: 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Eastern: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
BEST PRACTICES FOR SMALL AUDIOVISUAL ARCHIVES
This series is directed to small institutions with audiovisual collections and limited staff.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- An overview of common media and formats likely to be found in mixed archival collections, with discussion of audiovisual collection management and sustainability.
- Instructor: Nadia Ghasedi, Head, Visual Media Research Lab, Washington University in St. Louis
- Thursday, October 8, 2015
- The second part focuses on the digitization of analog materials, with considerations for using vendors vs. creating in-house stations, with a case example of a VHS setup. Care and maintenance of digital video and audio is also discussed.
- Instructor: Lauren Sorenson, Digital Asset Manager and Archivist, Hammer Museum
- AMIA members: $40 per webinar | $75 series
- Non-members: $50 per webinar | $90 series