- Pacific: 11:00 am – 12:30pm
- Central: 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Eastern: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
BEST PRACTICES FOR PERSONAL AUDIOVISUAL COLLECTIONS
This series is directed to families and individuals with audiovisual collections they wish to preserve.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2015
- An overview of personal archiving, with focus on common media formats likely to be found in the home and collection management strategies.
- Instructor: Nadia Ghasedi, Head, Visual Media Research Lab, Washington University in St. Louis
- Thursday, October 1, 2015
- This second part focuses on considerations families and individuals should make regarding sending out audiovisual material to be digitized vs. trying to do the work at home, with a case example of a MiniDV setup. Long-term care strategies are also discussed.
- Instructor: Lauren Sorenson, Digital Asset Manager and Archivist, Hammer Museum
- AMIA members: $40 per webinar | $75 series
- Non-members: $50 per webinar | $90 series